- Vietnamese in Russia celebrate August Revolution anniversary
- Nationwide activities celebrate August Revolution and National Day
- Hanoi to organize various activities on August Revolution and National Day
- Bản in : Seminar on Hanoi development ahead of August Revolution anniversary
- Viet Nam Celebrates August Revolution, National Day
* A ceremony was held in Long An province on August 19 to inaugurate a historical relic of the former Southern Regional Party Committee and Administration Council in Tan Thanh district. Former President Truong Tan Sang attended the event.
The relic witnessed many historical events of the nation with heroic victories of Battalions 307 and 309, Regiments 120 and 105. High-ranking Party officials such as Ton Duc Thang, Le Duan, Le Duc Tho, Tran Van Tra, Pham Van Bach lived and worked there to lead the Southern revolution.
* A mission of the government, led by Permanent Deputy-Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh, visited historical relic site of the Provisional Revolutionary Government of the Republic of South Vietnam and presented 200 scholarships and 560 gifts to local beneficiaries in Tan Bien district, Tay Ninh province. The delegation medical personnel provided free health checkups, worth over VND 2 billion, for needy households. Nguyen Van Nen, member of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, Chief of the Party Central Committee’s Office, joined the mission.
During the visit, Nen and leaders of An Phu Company handed over VND 1.5 billion to the fund for building gratitude and great unity houses of the locality.
* The Vinh Phuc provincial Theater and the Vietnam Fine Arts Association, in cooperation with the Vinh Phuc provincial People’s Committee, opened the 22nd arts exhibition.
The exhibition, displaying nearly 400 paintings by 260 painters from 15 provinces in the region, features the traditional beauty and life of soldiers in war time and the achievements of the building of new-style rural areas.
* The Duc Trong district’s Fatherland Front (Lam Dong Province) received 50 outstanding village patriarchs in the area. Accordingly, the district’s leadership hailed their great contributions over the past time to the locality’s development.
In the coming time, the district will create favorable conditions for the outstanding village patriarchs to help them make more contributions to the community as well as mobilize the locals to implement the Party’s guidelines and State’s policies and law.
Translated by Minh Anh